| Stone Group Lawyers

partner visas

We are proud of

Skilled Migration program

The Skilled Migration program seeks to attract highly skilled and employable people to Australia.

In general terms, you will need to satisfy some or all of the following criteria, dependant on the visa applied for:

  • be aged 18 – 44;
  • hold a successful Skills Assessment for an occupation on the relevant list;
  • have a points score of at least 60;
  • have competent English;
  • lodge an Expression of Interest with the Australian government and be invited to apply;
  • be nominated by a State/Territory government;
  • be sponsored by a relative living in a Designated Area; and
    meet the health and character requirements.

partner Visa options

There are a number of partner visa options:

Subclass 309 – This is a temporary visa for a spouse or de facto of an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. It is usually valid for two years. If you are outside Australia at the time of applying, you will need to make an application for a combined 309/100.

Subclass 100 – This is a permanent visa for a de facto or spouse of a citizen of Australia, Permanent Resident or eligible citizen of New Zealand.

This applies to de facto couples as well as married couples who are located in Australia at the time the application is lodged. Usually the Department of Immigration & Border Protection will first grant a two-year temporary visa, before granting Permanent Residence. This Visa type is suitable for married couples, couples in a de facto or same-sex partnership, where one Partner is either an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.

If granted, this visa will allow a spouse, a same sex or de facto partner to travel to and enter Australia.

If you are inside Australia at the time of applying, you will need to make an application combining both subclass 820 and 801.

This Visa type is intended for couples who plan to get married onshore or offshore. This, however, is only a temporary visa, and the applicant will need to apply for a partner visa once married.

Professional Migration Services

Our experienced team of migration lawyers can assist you with your migration plans to Australia. If you are unsure of the right visa for you, we offer a consultation to discuss your options with you and find the right pathway.

Free Consultation

At Stone Group Lawyers, we offer all clients for all areas of law a free initial consultation for up to 30 minutes. This consult can be over the phone, Skype or in person.

Request your free consultation

Complete the form below to request a free 30 minute consultation.

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.