Stone Group Lawyers are pleased to award a scholarship to the value of $500.00 to an outstanding penultimate year law student in Queensland. The scholarship is to be used toward tuition fees, textbooks or study-related expenses.
Who Is Eligible?
Entry is open to penultimate year law students that are:
- enrolled as a full-time undergraduate law student;
- studying at a Queensland University;
- studying a Bachelor of Laws;
- are over the age of eighteen (18) years of age;
- in their penultimate year of the Bachelor of Laws; and
- an Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Resident.
To be successful in securing the Stone Group Lawyers Scholarship for Excellence the applicant must demonstrate that:
- the Applicant has a high level of dedication and interest towards their legal studies and the legal profession;
- the Applicant has a GPA averaging a Distinction or higher in their law degree; and
- the Applicant has fulfilled all necessary requirements, as asked of them in the Apply Now section.
You can submit your application by email to email@example.com. Your application should include:
An up-to-date resume;
- A copy of your most recent Academic Transcript for your law degree;
- A reference from a lecturer, tutor or course coordinator in support of your application for the Stone Group Lawyers Scholarship for Excellence; and
- A 1000 word (maximum) essay answering the following:
“Should Australia’s privacy laws be amended to protect against violations of privacy by drones? Why or why not?”
Terms and Conditions
- Stone Group Lawyers are pleased to offer the Stone Group High Scholarship for Excellence and will be awarding the scholarship annually for the years 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- The Application Period commences at 12:00pm on 1 March and closes at 5:00pm on the 30th of June for the year preceding the scholarship year.
- There will be one (1) recipient of the Stone Group High Achievers Scholarship in each year that the scholarship is offered.
- Stone Group Lawyers will select the most original and imaginative personal statement which satisfies the eligibility requirements as the winner of the Stone Group High Achievers Scholarship.
- The Winner will be notified by telephone or email by no later than 5:00pm on 31 July for the year that they are the winner. It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact details provided to Stone Group Lawyers are accurate and complete.
- The decision of Stone Group Lawyers in all matters regarding the scholarship are final and binding.
- The value of the scholarship shall be $500.00 to be used towards tuition fees, textbooks or study-related expenses. The scholarship amount shall be provided to the successful student at the beginning of semester one in the year that the scholarship is awarded.
- Stone Group Lawyers will not be held responsible or liable for entries that are delayed, lost, corrupted, incorrect or incomplete.
- By entering into the Stone Group High Achievers Scholarship, the winner agrees to have their photo taken and published on Stone Group Lawyers’ social media pages and the Stone Group Lawyers website. The winner further agrees that Stone Group Lawyers may publish the entirety or exerts of the winner’s personal statement on Stone Group Lawyers’ social media pages and the Stone Group Lawyers website.
- By entering into the Stone Group High Achievers Scholarship, the Applicant agrees and acknowledges that they are providing personal information to Stone Group Lawyers.
- Stone Group Lawyers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this scholarship.