Migration & Immigration Law

At Stone Group Lawyers, we have expertise in all aspects of Australian migration law, including visa applications and cancellations, citizenship, merits review to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and judicial review in the Federal Circuit Court and Federal Court.

We have an immigration lawyer who is able to provide thorough and culturally sensitive advice on a range of complex visa related issues.

Immigration laws in Australia are very complex and constantly changing. We can assist with applications for all visas, whether permanent or temporary, including:

Business & Investment Visas
Australia offers a range of business-related visas to individuals with a strong history of business and management. We can assist you to determine whether you will be eligible to apply for one of these subclasses.

Working and Skilled Visas
The Australian Government has permitted companies to sponsor workers from overseas on both a short term and long term basis to encourage industry growth.

There are a number of Working and Skilled visas that are currently offered, each with their own requirements and conditions.

The Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection has published a Skilled Occupations List that sets out the skilled occupations that are eligible for Australia’s visa programs. We can assist with your expression of interest, skill assessment applications, sponsorship and applications.

We can also assist with all subclass 457 sponsorships nomination and visa applications.

If you are an Australian business looking to hire an employee from another country, or an international resident looking to relocate to Australia to work, please do not hesitate to contact our office on (07) 5635 0108 to arrange for your complimentary initial 45 minute consultation where we can discuss your needs and determine the most appropriate visa for your circumstances.

Partner Visas
We can assist you to bring your partner to Australia.
Your partner may be eligible for a partner visa if they are the spouse, fiancé or de facto partner (including same-sex relationships) of an Australian citizen.
You will need to establish to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that you are in a genuine and committed relationship with your partner. We can assist you with sourcing statutory declarations and other material in support of your application.
Your partner will initially receive a temporary visa, and after two years will be eligible to apply for a permanent visa.

Child, Parent and Family Visas
If you are an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, we can assist you to bring your family members to live with you in Australia.
There are a range of family migration options including Parent Visas (subclasses 103 or 804), Carer Visas (subclasses 836 and 116), Adoption Visas (subclass 102) and Remaining Relative Visas (subclasses 115 and 835).

Student Visas
Student visas are temporary visas that allow people to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian education institution.
If you intend to study in Australia, you will need to apply for a Student Visa (subclass 500).
If you have finished your studies and wish to work in Australia temporarily, you may be eligible for the post-study work visa (subclass 485).

Working Holiday & Tourist Visas
If you are between the ages of 18 and 31 years old, and wish to work and holiday in Australia for up to a year, we can assist you with your Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) or your Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) applications.