In a complex and competitive world, every successful business needs access to lawyers with experience, commercial acumen and strong legal knowledge.
Our experienced Commercial Lawyers pride themselves on their ability to find practical solutions, cutting through the complexity to provide you with straightforward and practical advice.
Our clients value our thoroughly commercial approach to their matters and the experience we have across deal sizes, large and small. We can help you find the right balance between opportunity, risk and outcome.
We act for a wide variety of clients including sole traders, start-ups, small and medium enterprises, family businesses and publically listed companies, across a broad range of industries.
We advise on a wide variety of company law and businesses, and work in partnership with you to achieve your commercial goals. We can assist you in transactions ranging from the structuring and transfer of businesses to joint ventures agreements, capital raising and licensing agreements. We make it our business to understand your business so that we can provide practical and strategic legal advice that is in line with commercial objectives.
We help individuals and businesses in many industries protect their intangible assets, including brands, by advising on development and management strategies and acting in intellectual property disputes.
As we are a multi-practice firm, we are pleased to offer our clients specialist advice on areas that complement running a successful business, such as employment advice, asset protection, estate planning, superannuation, property, debt recovery and dispute resolution.
We combine extensive industry experience with a fresh and innovative approach to identify options and create opportunities. We give you the practical advice and solutions you need to adapt to and drive change in your business and the global business environment.
Our areas of expertise include:
- comprehensive advice on the most appropriate structure for your business;
- sale and purchase of shares, shareholder agreements and employee share schemes;
- drafting, reviewing and amending trust deeds, company constitutions, shareholders agreements, franchise agreements, and other agreements;
- drafting, reviewing and amending employment and contractor agreements for staff, including restraint of trade provisions;
- advising on the regulatory and legislative minefields relating to company and superannuation law
- drafting contracts to protect your rights and ensure that your business operates efficiently and effectively;
- advising on compliance obligations pursuant to the relevant legislations and regulations, including the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and employment law standards;
- assisting you with the drafting and implementation of policies and procedures; and
- representing and advocating on your behalf in any disputes.
We understand the need for efficient and practical advice when dealing with businesses, so our Commercial Lawyers take the time and effort to understand your business, the best course of action and the likely outcome in every commercial matter.