Professionals are required by law to perform their services competently and diligently.
This duty is imposed on many professionals, including:
- Financial planners;
- Particular business advisors;
- Lawyers and other legal professionals;
- Accountants; and
Where the services provided fall below the standard expected of a reasonable professional in their field, you may be able to claim compensation as a result. This is because the professional has acted negligently.
To establish a claim for professional negligence, you are required to prove that:
- The professional owed you a duty of care;
- The professional breached that duty of care because they did not act competently and/or diligently;
- You have suffered loss as a result of that breach; and
- The breach caused your loss.
Please contact Stone Group Lawyers today on (07) 5635 0180 for a free 30 minute consultation to discuss any of the above matters.